McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Designer to join our growing Water and Wastewater Facilities division. This role is posted for Victoria or Vancouver, BC, however exceptions will be made for the ideal candidate. We are seeking a strong communicator who has excellent design skills and considerable experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and REVIT. As a true team player, you will have to the opportunity to collaborate on municipal engineering and treatment/process engineering projects. This role is ideal for an individual who is looking to further their technical design skills, while contributing to the growth and diversification of our branch services. Looking to make the next step in your career?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contribute to the cost effective and timely production of engineering designs, with emphasis on water and wastewater treatment process engineering.
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, using primarily AutoCAD / Civil 3D, as well as other technical software such as REVIT.
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare and development construction cost estimates and quantity take-offs
- Collaborate with team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Provide construction inspection on selected projects
What You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution is considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a designer role
- Experience with AutoCAD, ideally also with Revit and BIM modelling software
- Must be able to develop and read drawings including process schematics, site plans and general arrangement drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of system/process hydraulics and waste/wastewater treatment processes
- Provincial and federal regulatory / approvals experience is a strong asset
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Financial assistance to support your relocation
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.