McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Designer to join our growing Water Resources division. This role is posted for Victoria or Vancouver, BC, however exceptions will be made for the ideal candidate. We are seeking a strong communicator who has excellent design skills and considerable experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and REVIT. As a true team player, you will have to the opportunity to collaborate on municipal engineering and treatment/process engineering projects. This role is ideal for an individual who is looking to further their technical design skills, while contributing to the growth and diversification of our branch services. Looking to make the next step in your career?
What You’ll Be Doing
• Contribute to the cost effective and timely production of engineering designs, with emphasis on water and wastewater treatment process engineering.
• Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, using primarily AutoCAD / Civil 3D as well as other technical software such as REVIT.
• Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare and development construction cost estimates and quantity take-offs
• Collaborate with team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
• Provide construction inspection on selected projects
What You’ll Bring
• Diploma in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution is considered an asset
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in a designer role
• Experience with AutoCAD, ideally also with Revit and BIM modelling software
• Must be able to develop and read drawings including process schematics, site plans and general arrangement drawings, etc.
• Knowledge of system/process hydraulics and waste/wastewater treatment processes
• Provincial and federal regulatory / approvals experience is a strong asset
What Can We Offer You?
• Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
• Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
• Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
• Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
• A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
• Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
• Financial assistance to support your relocation
• Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees.
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor Victoria offers a fantastic array of culture from academia to arts to outdoors/beach lifestyles. An historic provincial capital, Victoria has all of the amenities of a large city, but the friendly community feel that defines Vancouver Island. Victoria offers the most temperate climate in all of Canada, with less rain and more sun than other cities on the West Coast.
Our Victoria branch offers a wide array of McElhanney services including civil and structural engineering, land surveying and environmental consulting, working on projects both locally and in the greater Vancouver Island region. McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply. McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.