Capital DailyRemote3 months ago
One of Capital Daily's sister brands is hiring a Chase Producer to join their upcoming news-explainer podcasting team.
Reporting to the senior producer, the successful candidate will produce an explainer podcast and also assist with newsletter drafting. Part of the role includes securing interviews as well as planning, writing, and constructing episodes with our podcast team.
Candidates must be experienced writers with a journalism background and some producer experience.
You will work closely with the hosts and lead producer to develop contextual and compelling content – delivered in an informative and entertaining way for Canadians.
This position is WFH/remote.
What you'll do:
- Find, pitch, and plan story ideas
- Research background of story ideas
- Research and find experts and sources, book interviews, and conduct pre-interviews
- Assist in script writing
- Assist in drafting newsletters on a daily basis
- Ensure all editorial standards and quality are met
- Stay informed of local, national, and international news
- Develop and maintain sources to aid in creating original and investigative stories
- Daily schedule is flexible, but regular output is critical
- Minimum 1 year professional audio production experience
- Ability to script and edit issue-driven narrative
- A degree or diploma in journalism or broadcasting, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Great editorial judgment and instincts
- Strong live interviewing skills
- Proficiency in audio mixing
- Proficiency with studio and field recording equipment and hardware
- Ability to work in Adobe Audition or equivalent software