Business Systems Analyst
ICBCVictoria, BC7 days ago
Business Systems Analyst
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you.
A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F)
Reference Number: 114447
Temporary Full Time
Position Highlights The Information Services Division is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our IS Driver Licensing Customer Support and Services department for a 6 month temporary assignment.
In this role, you will work in a cross functional applications development team to elicit and analyze business and technical requirements. This position resides out of the Victoria Head Office location.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will:
- Document systems and acceptance criteria based on business requirements
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team and facilitate business and technical discussions/ workshops and other activities
- Clearly articulate requirements, proactively collaborate with team, and facilitate development and testing activities to ensure the solution meets the business need
- Provide data to business stakeholders for analysis and remediation
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Identify root causes for defects within portfolio and communicate resolution
- Be comfortable in agile/ waterfall approach, user interface/ user experience modelling at a basic level
- May perform light testing, as part of a cross-functional team
Position Requirements This position will require someone who has 2+ years of hands-on experience in Business Systems Analysis or relevant post-secondary education. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in identifying and understanding client needs, validating with key stakeholders and evaluating alternative solutions
Demonstrate basic knowledge of different requirement gathering techniques and basic understanding of UI and design principles, functional and non-functional requirements:
- Hands on experience in following an Agile methodology
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Exposure to JIRA is an asset
- Understanding of basic testing techniques would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements Position Information Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position