NetMotion SoftwareVictoria, BC2 months ago
We’re a Seattle-headquartered network security company with solid funding and big ambitions. NetMotion Victoria is the company’s second headquarters and the fastest growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown offices (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion is transitioning its highly successful product line in a new direction and we need you to help get us there. You will join a cross-functional scrum team as a build/devops engineer, where you will leverage the latest technologies to help build, distribute, and monitor the globally distributed services of our upcoming cloud-based architecture. This is a ground floor opportunity where you will help orchestrate the creation of a new system at a company that prides itself on delivering products of the highest quality. In this position you will:
- Help define and own the processes that we will use to create and deploy our cloud product
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers, to support their efforts to build a supportable and testable product
- Work closely with our cloud operations team to define and implement what they’ll need to keep it all running
- Be a valued member of a self-managed, cross-functional team using Agile methods
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent work experience required
- 3 years’ experience developing and/or deploying products across multiple releases (Java-based products a plus)
- Professional experience with cloud-based products
- Able to review, maintain, and help debug software in large code base that may span multiple languages
- Solid conceptual knowledge of containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in deploying solutions in Azure, or other cloud providers
- Very comfortable with the intricacies of Linux servers, scripting and package management
- Able to make a great team even better and take ownership as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with Perforce, Jenkins, Nexus or Artifactory, Gradle, Ansible, Helm, Scaffold, Make
- Programming experience with Java, C++, Python, Bash
- Proponent of continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development and test automation
- Conversant in networking concepts and protocols
- Experience on products employing machine learning
- Experience building products across different mobile platforms
- Personality traits relevant to NetMotion’s culture such as: a sense of humor, equanimity, and zeal
- A passion for technology beyond “just a job”
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
Furthermore, you will be part of the inaugural group of people who will form and define the Victoria office for NetMotion Software Canada Ltd.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also just happen to have a great sense of humor
- You’ll be challenged, solving difficult problems that will make a meaningful difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You’ll be encouraged to experiment with new technology including dogfooding our own products on the latest operating systems and mobile devices
- You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan, and warm cookies on Wednesdays
- You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a small company, joining a world class team in downtown Victoria
If you’re an experienced build and release or devops engineer in the Victoria area, then we’d love to hear from you.