Pallan and Associates is a newly established accounting firm in beautiful Victoria, BC. We are a small and experienced team, with an office culture like no other. We help our clients succeed personally and professionally, and consistently deliver top-quality information and advice. We are actively involved in the community and commit our time and expertise to help make Victoria a wonderful place to live.
You are an experienced bookkeeper who is looking for a new opportunity where you can apply your solid foundations in accounting. You are excited to leave behind weekly or bi-weekly payroll runs or filing regular GST returns and are eager to leave clients’ shoeboxes of receipts behind. You want to work with an amazing team, grow your professional knowledge in a rewarding setting, and be recognized for the skills and experience you bring to the table.
• Assisting with Notice to Reader engagements.
• Assisting with the preparation of corporate and personal tax returns.
• Communicating with clients to answer questions and offer accounting and tax advice.
• Interacting with CRA to obtain information and resolve issues as necessary.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of 5 years of full-cycle bookkeeping.
• Excellent working knowledge of Sage, Quickbooks and other bookkeeping software platforms.
• Understanding of debits/credits.
• General understanding of accounting.
• A strong desire to learn new skills and acquire additional technical proficiency.
Experience in the following is considered an asset:
• Basic tax knowledge.
• Familiarity with CaseWare and IFIRM tax software.
• Experience with preparing T4’s and T5’s.
• Previous experience preparing notice reader working paper files.
• Personal tax experience.
WHY WORK FOR US:
We’re not your average accounting firm.
We have an open-door policy with all staff members and strive to promote a work environment that allows everyone to enjoy a balanced lifestyle. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health and dental coverage, and numerous opportunities for professional and personal growth. We have a relaxed and social atmosphere and often on Friday afternoons staff get together to reconnect with each other after a busy week. In short, we work hard, but we really like to have fun too.
We understand that the world is changing, and we are open to the idea of staff working remotely on a full-time basis should a candidate be the right fit. We have a brand-new state of the art office in downtown Victoria and offer a flexible work schedule. We genuinely believe that everyone in our office plays a key role in our continued success. We are proud
of our unique, inclusive environment that celebrates a commitment to clients, a sense of fun, and a desire to do our best every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! To apply, introduced yourself by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Pallan & Associates Bookkeeper’. We will be hiring on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.