Barista & Store Stylist
KwenchVictoria, BCa month ago
Neighbourly Cafe & General Store
Barista & Store Stylist
Who We Are
KWENCH is a premium multi-service coworking and culture club that provides individuals and businesses with office space, conference rooms, fitness facilities, creative studios, events, learning, community, and food all under one roof.
Neighbourly is our revival of the general store. It is convenience curated for our members and community. In our pantry, kitchen, café and gift shop, you'll find the quality goods and food that our city is now known for, all under one roof. Local first whenever possible and sustainable always, Neighbourly is a fresh take on what we love and miss about the neighbourhood corner store. Just what every neighbourhood needs!
We are looking for a super someone who is passionate about specialty coffee, fabulous food, providing impeccable customer service, and has a design eye for store display and efficiency.
The perfect candidate will make a mean latte (or is willing to learn), know how to make anything look fabulous, and genuinely likes people. This is your opportunity to work alongside and learn from one of Victoria's most creative chefs/artists, develop your skills and talents, all while being an integral part of growing a new brand into a thriving business.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Work hours will be 10am-7pm
- Ensure the store is customer ready at all times.
- Stock & display product creatively and neatly, for the highest customer efficiency and experience
- Prepare and serve food and beverages to a high standard
- Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Have a thorough understanding of all the menu and store offerings
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
- Keep the kitchen and store clean at all times
- Perform opening and/or closing cleaning duties
- Track and restock inventory
- Serve customers quickly and efficiently, providing exceptional and personable customer service
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
What We Look For
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hospitality, food and beverage retail, or customer service
- Experience/ Interest in visual merchandising
- Punctual and reliable team player
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Comfortable working on your feet and lifting 30+ lbs
- Serving It Right Certification
- Food Safe Certification
Nice to haves:
- Experience with latte art
- Retail experience
- Previous cafe or design experience
What We Offer
- Benefits after 3 months of employment
- Ongoing growth and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Team training and social events
- An excellent work environment and team culture
To apply, introduce yourself by sending your resume and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Neighbourly Barista & Store Stylist’. We will be hiring on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
KWENCH is dedicated to hiring people that want to pursue their passion and explore their talents. We are an equal opportunity employer andare committed to creating a diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.