What we are looking for
Our hotel is looking for an experienced banquet server to provide food and beverage service to our 5-star guests in the 300-person ballroom or various meeting spaces. You will be part of a dynamic banquets team who will provide personal and instinctive customer service, and provide groups of guests with the perfect experience for their retreat or business meeting. Our perfect candidate can think on their feet, is organised, and can anticipate guest needs, with excellent problem-solving skills. While previous banquet experience is an asset, other relevant experience will also be considered.
Who we are
The Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa, Victoria, is a world-class 5-star property with 91 rooms, two restaurants and a bar and lounge area, a 300-person ballroom as well as meeting and conference facilities with several amenities including a new state of the art Spa. We are a Westin branded hotel that falls under the Marriott umbrella.
What we offer
Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa is located on a bus-route at the top of the Bear Mountain Resort in Langford. For those employees with their own vehicles, we offer free parking on site. All staff enjoy top-notch free lunches in the staff room and can use the fitness facility free of charge.
If you would like to show off the property to your family and friends, you can dine with us in Callisto, our exquisite Pacific Northwest fare inspired casual dining restaurant and receive 50% off.
You can also pamper yourself at the Amatista Spa, while receiving a 20% discount.
On top of this, we have entertaining staff events, staff barbeques and lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoor tennis court and other wellness activities.
If you love travelling as much as we do, we have fantastic staff, and family and friends’ discounts for all Marriott hotel stays across the world!
About the job
· Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage services for the banquets department.
· Provide a consistently high standard of service in meeting set-ups, and all meal functions related to groups.
· Report any deficiencies in equipment or level of supplies to the banquet leader.
· Effectively handle guest concerns.
· Participation in associate meetings, and shift-briefings.
· Complete set up, tear down and cleaning of meetings, and functions, including the moving of banquet tables and chairs.
· Confidently anticipate and respond to needs and expectations of our guests.
What we pay
A typical hourly wage starts at $16 per hour. Banquet servers receive gratuities.