At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors. We do this by holding true to the values that guide us. We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up - as individuals and as a team - to accomplish our strategy.
Our Personal Banking team includes a diverse group of finance professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients. Our team of designated banking professionals know and understand the value of relationship building and brings that perfect combination of stellar stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table. No day is ever the same in personal banking. Whether it’s providing proactive client solutions, stellar service support, consultation sessions or financial advice, we’re there every step of the way for our clients to ensure they reach their personal and business dreams. It’s this top service that we are known for.
The primary focus of the Banking Customer Service Representative is to provide exceptional customer service and be responsible to open products and services for new and existing clients without lending requirements by engaging clients in conversation and explore potential opportunities to provide a full-service solution.
Customer Service. Sales. Financial knowledge sharing. Process & operations. Reporting
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously build the client experience, in line with CWB’s brand promise. Provide full-service solutions for clients with the view to be every client’s primary financial partner. Transforming their banking experience into something memorable, rewarding and financially satisfying.
- Proactively identifying customer needs to uncover opportunities to be crucial to their financial success through referrals to Account Managers.
- Testing your accuracy and attention to detail with large volumes of transactions, cash handling, inquiries, and interactions.
- Exercising your financial smarts – helping clients understand banking products in a way that promotes enthusiasm and true comprehension.
- Learning and expanding your knowledge in a way that contributes to your branch’s success.
- Spreading positive vibes and collaborating with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
Capabilities that will take you further
- People first approach. You are all about people. Be it your clients or your colleagues – you like communicating and connecting with others to provide solutions and build real, lasting relationships.
- Business focused. You’re able to see the bigger picture. Your client focus allows you to anticipate clients’ needs to go beyond expectations and drive opportunities to genuinely help others while growing business.
- Agile. You are energized when faced with ambiguity and can adjust your approach - with people and problems - to respond efficiently and effectively in changing conditions.
- Entrepreneurial. Being accountable and taking ownership of your actions and their results is something you pride yourself on.
- Accurate. You’re very detail oriented. Accuracy is a practiced skill of yours and doesn’t diminish in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge seeking & growth minded. You’re a self-starter. You ask questions, are eager to learn and have a real interest in banking and how people spend and use their money.
- Technologically sound. You’re computer savvy – enough to move around MS Office Suite and other programs with ease.
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from
Some post-secondary classes and ideally 1 year of customer service experience coupled with a strong desire and commitment to learn and grow a career in the financial sector!
Why work with us?
- Accolades & Benefits
- Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
- & recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Places to Work
- Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
- Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
- Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
- Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
- Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. We play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
- Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee represented group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
- Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
- Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
- Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives.
- Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever, so created an RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
- Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it - every day, with our employee share purchase plan.
Take your career further with CWB. Apply today
As an equitable employer, CWB Financial Group is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. You are welcomed and encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Dignity, respect and equality are non-negotiables. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please reach out.
* Position closes at 12:01am on the close date identified below.