BAND 3 - Senior Manager, Workforce Strategies
BC Public ServiceVictoria, BC5 months ago
BAND 3 - Senior Manager, Workforce Strategies
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)
$76,200.06 - $107,800.00 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Finance and Management Services
Senior Manager, Workforce Planning
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Do you have outstanding workforce planning, talent management and data analytics skills? Do you enjoy working with a highly engaged team that fosters diversity and inclusion and encourages employees to bring their authentic selves every day? Are you a motivated and efficient self-starter with excellent executive presence? Join our team to lead our workforce planning and implement on our four core priorities: Supporting a modern workforce; Facilitating effective knowledge managing; Building a talented and skilled workforce, Enhancing cultural engagement and growth.
The Strategic Human Resources Branch (SHR) supports the ministry with innovative future-focused initiatives, programs and activities related to workforce planning, engagement, organizational development, internal communications and corporate liaison and initiatives. The SHR team focuses on the strategic needs of the ministry ensuring we have the people and skills we need so that our ministry can continue to provide great services to the citizens of British Columbia, now and moving into the future. The SHR team partners in the development and delivery of corporate initiatives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategic Human Resources, the Senior Manager leads the ministry's strategy and approach to workforce planning including leadership development, succession planning and diversity and inclusion. The role partners closely with executive, senior management, corporate partners, cross-government colleagues and SHR team members to ensure a thoughtful and integrated approach to workforce planning, which aligns with corporate direction.
While SHR branch members have functional portfolios, the team also manages projects in a matrix model. This position will be required to lead and act as a key resource on various related ministry and corporate projects and may also be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of corporate-wide initiatives.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sheila.Allen@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Undergraduate degree in related area such as human resources, public administration, business administration, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of three years progressive experience in a human resource management role providing advice and expertise to clients and executive in a client-centred model.
- A minimum of three years experience in at least three of the below. Preference may be given to those with more than three years experience and/or in more than three of the areas listed.
- Developing and/or implementing workforce plans, succession plans, diversity and inclusion action plans, and/or leadership development initiatives.
- Managing elements of the employee lifecycle including recruitment, retention, training and development, employee engagement, and performance management.
- Using of data analytics and/or WES scores for program development and design.
- Developing transition management strategies.
- Developing strategic or business plans.
- Leading a cross departmental or ministry initiative, project or program.
- Experience providing facilitation both virtually and in person to groups as small as 5 to as large as 100 in the development and delivery of training, workshops or business planning.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (BASIC): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Finance, Leadership and Management