730 View Street
Job Family Group
Wealth Sales & Service
Assesses individual client investment needs to provides professional, customized investment-related advice, sales and service. Builds client trust, educating them on investment strategies, associated risks, and performance expectations that help them achieve their financial goals. Develops and retains long-term client relationships and delivers an exceptional client experience. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Works collaboratively within the market, BMO partners and the community to build relationships and deliver the desired customer experience.
- Partners with others to develop business relationships with existing clients.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops business with clients / prospects using proactive selling and marketing techniques (e.g. telemarketing, networking, seminars, community involvement).
- Primary responsibility for meeting with clients to prepare and assess financial planning strategies.
Coordination with Accountants and Lawyers in the planning process.
- Will lead the teams marketing initiatives such a client appreciation, Website and communications and advertising strategies.
Supports branch or team business objectives by identifying ongoing business opportunities.
- Identifies gaps, issues, and best practices by monitoring of sales and service performance against plans.
- Supports the development and execution of the business strategy and business planning activities.
- Fulfills client sales and service activities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Escalates complex or unresolved client situations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a client facing financial planning role.
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Completion of CFP or PFP.
- Registration as Registered Representative (RR) and/or Life license or willingness to complete within a reasonable time period.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.