Assistant Store Manager
Dairy QueenVictoria, BCa month ago
We strive to create positive memories for all our fans so we are looking for positive, energetic employees who are passionate about the Dairy Queen® brand and delivering exceptional customer (fan) service. If you enjoy working in a fun, fast paced environment while providing exceptional customer service we would love to hear from you. Applicants should be eager to lead, do things right, be accountable, have ownership in what they do, and be able to create smiles and stories for our fans.
Job functions include:
- Assist in the management of specific areas of restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Ensure that restaurant is properly organized and staffed as designated by written schedule through proper job assignments, break rotation and delegation of tasks during both peak and non-peak periods.
- Conduct orientation, training and evaluation of crew members in all functional areas. Provide leadership to crew members
- Assist hourly employees at the point of sale in the execution of product promotions. Ensures guest service and satisfaction in all areas meets applicable standards for quality, value and cleanliness.
- Handle minor customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problem and make determination when to report to management team on more serious complaints.
- May contribute in the execution of the restaurant’s business plan through specific job assignments and projects as determined by the management team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all cash accountability reports on assigned shifts.
- Work to establish a professional working relationship with all restaurant employees to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Staff meal discounts
- Flexible work schedules.
- Benefits after 3 months
- Three or more months of restaurant experience as an hourly employee strongly preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- Must be capable of supervising specific areas of the business in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to perform under a busy environment in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly. Interact with the public and co-workers constantly during shifts
- Capability to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must exhibit and use good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness
- Some sort of previous management or supervisor experience in a QSR restaurant or similar
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than 70 years, the DQ® system's recipe for success has been simple. It's been a combination of hardworking people who own and operate restaurants, and great-tasting food and tempting treats served in our establishments. Our phenomenal story began with the 10-cent sale of a then unnamed product on August 4, 1938, in Kankakee, Illinois. A father and son partnership in Green River, Illinois, had been experimenting with a soft frozen dairy product for some time. They contacted Sherb Noble, a good friend and customer, who agreed to run the "all you can eat" trial sale at his walk-in ice cream store. Within two hours, he dished out more than 1,600 servings of the new dessert.
2013 Cadboro Bay Road