Canadian Armed ForcesVictoria, BCa month ago
Responsible for surveillance, target acquisition, and indirect fire. The Artillery is part of the Combat Arms in the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Permanent Part-time: Tuesday evenings and weekends (ideal for students or a second employment).
- Flexible full-time employment is available from May to August (earn up to $11,500 at the base pay rate, paid vacation time is also accrued).
The primary responsibilities of Gunners are to:
- Operate Field Guns, mortars and vehicles
- Operate technically advanced fire-control computers and laser range-finders
- Operate Forward Observation Post equipment
- Operate surveyor instruments and GPS
- Operate small arms and support weapons
- Paid job training and ongoing professional development
- Career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Job security
- Transferable skills
- Dental coverage
- Government of Canada Pension Plan
- On-site gym
Benefits for Students
- 4 High School credits for completing training from the BC Ministry of Education
- Earn money training part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer
- 4 Years of full-time summer employment
- Post-secondary education reimbursement up to $8,000.00 (max. $2000.00 per year)
Minimum Hiring Requirements
You must be:
- Between the ages 16-57;
- Canadian Citizen; and
- Successful Completion of Grade 10
- If you are below the age of 18 we will require parental consent.
There is a variety of basic training options for members of the Primary Reserve. Based on your availability, full-time or part-time courses are conducted throughout the year.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $96.06 per day
- Dental care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
Our recruiting process has been modified to meet the provincial government's standard for COVID-19 precautions. Any appointments at our offices will require applicants and staff to bring a mask and follow social distancing procedures.