About the Department
On behalf of BCI’s clients, the Infrastructure & Renewable Resources (I&RR) team invests globally in private infrastructure businesses that provide stable long-term results. BCI’s I&RR portfolio has $20+ billion in AUM and ranks as the ninth largest institutional infrastructure investor globally. The portfolio spans a range of sectors including energy, transport, utilities, and data infrastructure as well as tangible assets in timberland and agriculture.
I&RR seeks meaningful investments in private companies enabling an active governance approach. The team invests in a variety of capacities including as a sole sponsor, co-investor, and very selectively through externally managed funds. In these capacities, the team seeks to take an active oversight role built on a foundation of trusted relationships with all stakeholders and a commitment to long-term value creation.
About the Position
The Analyst (Infrastructure) is a member of the group’s investment team and assists in conducting due diligence and analysis of potential Infrastructure investment opportunities, the negotiation and structuring of transactions, and the monitoring of existing portfolio investments. The Analyst plays a key role in supporting the investment activities of the department. The Analyst has a strong understanding of private markets investing and corporate finance principles The ideal candidate is curious, driven and brings a long-term value investing mindset with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you bring - Must have:
- 2-5 years of experience, ideally in investment management (preference for institutional investment experience), private equity, investment banking, management consulting, corporate M&A, or other suitable background
- Undergraduate university degree and/or MBA with emphasis on finance and investment analysis
- Strong understanding of private markets investing and a sound understanding of corporate finance principles
- Strong financial analysis and valuation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and functionality as a team playe
- Conducts general industry, company, and fund research
- Assists in analyzing direct or fund investments
- Assists in conducting due diligence for investment opportunities: evaluating key value drivers of investments, quality of management teams, past investment and/or financial performance, deal terms, documents and agreements
- Conducts research to support investments and investment ideas
- Assists in monitoring and analyzing existing investments
- Assists in the valuation of portfolio investments
- Travels, when required, for due diligence or oversight of portfolio investments
- Assists in preparation of long-term and tactical portfolio strategies
- Assists in transaction origination activities