Administrative Coordinator & Donor Relations
Location: Victoria, BC (Royal Oak) Hybrid office/remote position
Requires minimum 3 days/week in office w option to work other 2 days remotely
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week.
The Administrative Coordinator is the cornerstone role of the charity and responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and office supports for both 1Up Resource Centre and Childcare Resource and Referral. Working under the direction of the Executive Director this dynamic position also includes donor relations work, executive assistant support and client support. This role is ideal for someone who is aware of issues faced by single parents, has strong cultural competency, and naturally creates a positive environment wherever they go.
The position includes extended health and dental benefits (after a 90 day probationary period), professional development opportunities, and a hybrid work environment working with a small collaborative group of caring service-oriented teammates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· General maintenance of office equipment and premises
· Respond to organizational emails promptly and professionally
· Production of newsletters and donor appeals with content support from the staff
· Maintenance and reconciliation of accounting and petty cash
· Month end reconciliation and filing with bookkeeper
· Bank deposits and invoice payments
· Fiscal year end reconciliation
· Website updates and social media posting as required
· Oversees brand standards for outgoing material
· Mail duties for incoming and outgoing post
· Support member service role by referring clients to relevant services
· Payroll and benefits processing for 12+ staff
· Completes yearly compensation and employee turnover report
· Maintain donor database, donor relations, records and reporting
· Contribute to development strategy to build and maintain donor relationships
· Issues all charitable tax receipts and issues thank you letters in a timely manner
· Tracks grant reporting and issues relevant supporting material to ED as needed
· Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting as needed for the ED
· Supports the coordination of AGM, events and fundraisers
The ideal candidate will have:
· A post-secondary school diploma with demonstrated experience running administration and donor relations systems in a social services environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
· Experience dealing with confidential matters
· Sensitive to the needs and concerns of parents.
· Cultural competency and experience engaging and working with communities of diverse backgrounds
· A demonstrated client centered positive approach
· Superior organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail
· Proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel and Outlook), Word press website, Mail chimp and Pay works. Familiarity with donor relations software programs including Gift Tool. Capacity to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
· Knowledgeable about trauma-informed practice in the workplace
1Up Single Parent Resource Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the wide diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to: Sarah@singleparentvictoria.ca
Posting closes: April 14, 2022 at Noon. Position will commence in late April.