Victoria, British Columbia
Hi, we’re HUB!
We are proud to be ranked 5th among the world’s largest insurance brokerages where we advise businesses and individuals on how to reach their goals. When you partner with us, you’re at the center of a vast network of risk, insurance, employee benefits, retirement and wealth management specialists that bring clarity to a changing world with tailored solutions and unrelenting advocacy – so you’re ready for tomorrow.
Acting as the first point-of-contact to all guests and callers, the Administrative Associate is responsible for greeting guests, answering/routing phone calls and providing general administrative support, as needed.
A day in the life -
- Greeting and welcoming guests/clients, in person or over the telephone; answering and referring inquiries
- Directing visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Sorting and forwarding incoming faxes and emails received to appropriate departments
- Handling incoming and outgoing couriers (including regular mail); open, stamp, sort, and label for distribution
- Maintaining stock and availability of office supplies by ordering as required
- Maintaining a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Providing support on general administrative office services and is able to refer Brokers for specialized assistance
What you bring -
- Easy going and down to have some fun
- Ready to work hard and crush goals
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Thrives in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Level 1 Insurance License is an asset, but not required
- Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 -2 years’ experience within an office and/or administrative capacity
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Why Join HUB?
- Do you enjoy making friends? We love making friends; join our team of amazing people who all get along and thrive together!
- We work hard and play hard!
- Paid day off for your birthday – we want to celebrate you!
- Paid half a day off for volunteering in your community - HUB is a company that gives back and is active in our communities
- Room to grow within the organization
- Lots of company perks, benefits, RRSP matching and great compensation
What makes us different than all the rest?
Our Vision: To be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
Our Mission: To protect and support the aspirations of individuals, families and businesses. To empower our employees to learn, grow and make a difference in their communities.
Our Core Values:
• Entrepreneurship: We encourage innovation and educated risk-taking.
• Integrity : We do the right thing every time.
• Teamwork: We work together to maximize results.
• Accountability: We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
• Service: We serve clients, communities and colleagues.
The employment offer is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference. We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com.
Department SalesRequired Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Hi, we’re HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB’s vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.