CLK 11R - Administrative Assistant
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
Close Date: 12/2/2022
Job Type: Auxiliary full-time, under seven months with the possibility of extension and/or becoming permanent.
Location: Victoria, B.C.
An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
Do you want to be part of a challenging and rewarding work community?
The Office of the Auditor General of B.C. is an independent office of the legislature that contributes to excellence in effective and accountable government. We offer opportunities for career growth, excellent benefits, a comprehensive salary, and flexible telework and remote workplace options.
Our office promotes trust, cooperation, and teamwork in a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment. We support each other, celebrate our successes, and encourage a healthy work-life balance for everyone. Our staff events are socially, physically, emotionally, and nutritionally focused - and fun!
Our downtown Victoria location supports collaboration and includes a gym, indoor bike storage, and decks with views of the beautiful Inner Harbour.
About the Role
Reporting to the Administration and Facilities Team Lead, this position receives, reviews and formats incoming audit correspondence and clarifies information with key parties to make initial determinations or recommendations within established criteria and guidelines.
- Receives and acknowledges incoming correspondence from clients.
- Reviews supporting information with audit staff to ensure documentation on case file is complete.
- Assesses information provided to determine if the document is within the outlined parameters and when it is not, provides additional guidance.
- Contacts clients and/or other parties to clarify conflicting/missing information required to support the decision-making process.
- Follows the standards and policies governing the office and makes determinations within established criteria or recommends the appropriate action to senior staff and/or management.
- Enters document information in database(s) and maintains document files.
- Seeks guidance from supervisor and/or senior staff on unusual matters.
- Escalates cases to supervisor and/or senior staff when matters are outside established criteria or where issues are contentious.
- Provides information to staff, the public, and other parties regarding office policies and procedures.
- Proofreads, types and/or formats correspondence, documents, and audit reports from drafts or written notes.
- Provides administrative support services to other portfolios as needed.
- Updates and maintains administrative policy and procedures manuals.
- Manages and maintains template and signature libraries.
- Updates distribution lists.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
- Experience providing administrative support in a complex environment.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience applying legislation and regulations.
- Preference may be given for experience working within an auditing office and/or within the B.C. public service.
- Preference may be given for one year of office experience providing administrative support services.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the B.C. public service, which may include a criminal record check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act check, and/or enhanced screening checks as required.
- At the Office of the Auditor General, the health and safety of our people is a high priority. As such, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required of all staff. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements. Our policy is aligned with the COVID-19 vaccination policy for B.C. public service employees.
Please see the attached job profile for a full description of the accountabilities and required qualifications.
To be considered for this role candidates must submit a resume and qualifications matrix to email@example.com . Failure to provide all the requested documents will result in your application being unsuccessful.
Applications will be accepted up until Friday, December 2, 2022.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .