Administrative Assistant - Communications
Professional Employees AssociationVictoria, BCa month ago
The Professional Employees Association (PEA) has an exciting, temporary (one-year) opportunity for a skilled and experienced Administrative Assistant.
We are a dedicated and passionate team who work closely with our members in ensuring we remain the union of choice for BC’s professionals. This position reports to the Executive Director in our downtown Victoria office. Given the COVID outbreak, work will be performed from the employee’s home for an interim period. We offer a competitive salary (starting at $5,319 monthly) and compensation package. This is a unionized position with the BC Union Workers Union.
Key duties include the following:
- Administrative support for member communication functions and related platforms
- Support completion of various communications plans and initiatives
- Produce and edit communication materials and complete webpage updates
- Administrative support for member events
- Work collaboratively and provide regular backup for other administrative staff
- Provide administrative support to professional staff
- Communicate effectively in providing customer service to members
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain office files, confidential records, manuals and other information storage systems
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Skills, Experience and Education
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in member-based communications
- Experience with member engagement platforms (e.g. social media, Nationbuilder, databases)
- High level of customer service and detail-oriented
- Organized and good time management skills
- Experience working in a busy office environment with changing priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various on-line tools
- General office administration skills
- Grade 12, completion of an Administrative Assistant or Communications Program, or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, please send your resume with a cover letter by January 10, 2021, to Tammy Bouchard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who is the PEA?
The Professional Employees Association (PEA) is BC’s union for professionals. We are your union. We were formed in 1974 to represent licensed professionals employed in the BC Public Service. Since that time, we have grown to support a wide range of professionals in the education, legal and health care sectors. The professionals we represent are varied: foresters, lawyers, teachers, engineers, physiotherapists, psychologists, pharmacists, veterinarians, librarians, system administrators and more.
The PEA is divided into chapters. Each chapter represents a distinct workplace or group of professionals. We represent professionals at the University of Victoria, the BC Public Service, the BC Oil and Gas Commission, St. Margaret’s School, the Law Society of BC, the Legal Services Society of BC, the Family Maintenance Agency, Okanagan Regional Library, the staff at the Hospital Employees’ Union and health authorities throughout BC.