Oak Bay Volunteer Services Society (OBVS) is seeking applications for a full-time Administration and Communications Coordinator. This position will be filled by a dynamic, self-motivated individual and team member who will play a critical role in overseeing the OBVS office, supporting the delivery of services, coordinating events, and liaising with key stakeholders. As well, this role requires competence and proven ability in the development and dissemination of internal and external communication. Reporting to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of handling and prioritizing multiple tasks while providing effective and efficient support in a nonprofit setting.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Reception as the first point of contact for the public, clients and volunteers via phone, email and office
- General administration including checking mail, bank deposits, supply ordering, and other secretarial services
- Managing and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- Maintenance and updates to database, team calendar and other shared networks
- General oversight and implementation of administrative procedures
- Administrative assistance for the coordination of volunteers and clients
- Training and oversight of office volunteers
- Office oversight, including ICT maintenance and general upkeep
- Planning and coordination of administrative responsibilities for meetings, workshops and other events
- Executive assistance to the executive director as required
- Internal and external communications, including newsletters, e-blasts, social media accounts and website
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience (5+ years) in a combination of administration, office management, communications or business administration
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through internal and external means, as well as, write on a professional level
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, MailChimp, website administration software and email clients
- Social media experience (Facebook and Twitter)
- Ability to perform using information and communication technology required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly related to dependability, motivation, responsibility and teamwork
- Highly effective organizational skills, with important emphasis on attention to detail, multi-tasking and professionalism
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining the administrative role within the team
- Successful criminal record check for working with vulnerable populations
- Experience working with a nonprofit and voluntary organization as an employee or volunteer preferred
- A valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle required
This is a permanent, full-time employment position to start on September 1, 2021.
Remuneration: $45,000.00 per annum plus benefits
How to Apply
Applications, including cover letter and resumé, will be accepted by email until 5:00pm on Friday, August 13th to email@example.com, with the subject: Administration and Communications Coordinator Position.
About OBVS: Oak Bay Volunteer Services (OBVS) provides one-to-one direct services to the residents of Oak Bay. Serving the young to the young at heart, we provide a variety of free services to help maintain our clients’ connection to community and assist with a variety of everyday activities to help maintain an individual’s independence. All services are delivered by our team of dedicated and passionate volunteers.