This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Payable Clerk
Talent on Demand
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills? The Accounts Payable Clerk provides a variety of office administration, and financial support services.
What you’ll do
- Generate, review, or amend financial documentation (invoices, miscellaneous requisitions, etc.), ensure appropriate approvals (i.e. goods and services and expense authority signatures), issue documents to parties such as the contractors or vendors.
- Review and verify invoices as well as other financial documents such as travel claims/vouchers/credit card purchases, personal reimbursements, and petty cash claims for accuracy and completeness (i.e. goods and services received signature; backup documents, correct rates, prices and charges, etc.), and makes changes as required. Code or check codes, obtain necessary signatures/approvals, and forwards to the appropriate body for payment or reimbursement.
- Monitor expenditures against approved budget limits and provide financial information to the Managers and Director on year-to-date expenditures including commitments such as invoices and purchase orders; identifiy issues and advises the Manager of same; record and track month end accrual information from vendors for the department.
- Perform administrative duties such as responding to inquiries, screening incoming materials, sorting, prioritizing, logging, and distributing incoming/outgoing correspondence. Respond to financial queries and problems such as delayed or duplicate payments, rate changes and recording errors. Investigate issues, initiate corrective action and follows up.
- Provide financial support/reconcile accounts such as accounts payable, coding and processing business expense forms and invoices, issuing and reconciling purchase orders and card expenditures; check accuracy and completeness of financial documentation.
- Facilitate effective triaging of correspondence, determination of appropriate action, and timely follow up as appropriate.
- Maintain office and department supplies according to pre-determined re-order levels and arranges for maintenance/repair of equipment.
- Produce reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and memos. Maintain and update various computer databases.
- Generate standard and adhoc reports as required. Provide assistance in researching and compiling data for specialized reports or issues and/or creates spreadsheets to track data as required.
- Generate and complete procurement forms for supplies, services, and equipment for the department. Ensure appropriate approvals (e.g. goods and services and expense authority signatures), issue and/or directly submit via online ordering system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Casual Full-Time
Hours of work 08:30-16:30
Reference number TOD112421
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.