Accounting Clerk / Administrative Support
Shekinah Homes SocietyVictoria14 days ago
Shekinah Homes Society is a spiritually based intentional multi-cultural community that supports adults with developmental disabilities in their homes in Victoria (Tillicum area). To learn more about us please visit our website: www.shekinahhomessociety.org .
About the Work Environment and Position:
If you are looking for a position where you can design your own workday, make a positive difference, challenge yourself to grow and want to work for a value-based organization, we would love to hear from you. We are recruiting for an Accounting Clerk/Administrative support person to join our team. This position is a combined position with the primary focus on bookkeeping functions. The Accounting Clerk /Administrative Support ensures that the agency’s accounts are managed efficiently, records and files are maintained in good order and provides administrative support as needed.
We are looking for an individual with the following: Credentials and/or certificate training and/or experience in bookkeeping and office administration, minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience using Simply Accounting, including its department feature as well as but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, quarterly financial statements, and year-end procedures.
- A good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with payroll as well as administration of benefits and the municipal pension plan. This position works with Human Resources and will be the backup for running bi-weekly payroll. Experience with Payworks is an asset.
- Annual audit preparation
- Answering phones and greeting guests
- Experience working with a non-profit, charitable organization is an asset.
- We are seeking an individual who wants to take initiative, be a self-starter; is flexible, able to multitask, committed to ongoing learning and is a team player.
- Position Details:
· 18 hours per week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-3:30 (time of day may be flexible)
· Starting wage is $21.66 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
· Commencement Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director by Noon February 22, 2021 by ONE the following methods:
· E-mail: email@example.com
· Fax: 250-595-1055
· Mail: Human Resources Committee, Shekinah Homes Society, 3114 Irma St., Victoria BC, V9A 1S8
We thank you for your interest in Shekinah Homes Society, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.