The Jim Pattison Auto GroupVictoria, BC19 days ago
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for recording the financial operations of the dealership and obtaining the financial data required for the maintenance of the accounting records. Absolute confidentiality of all information received is required.
Our Accounting Assistant is responsible for following our accounting standards, maintaining up to date reports and assisting the Senior Accountant by completing the following duties:
- Processing new and used vehicle deals.
- Verifying and processing all invoices and obtaining the appropriate authorizations for payment.
- Reconciling the statements of account and the ledger and ensuring that payments take place within dealership time frames.
- Participating in the monthly closing of accounts and prepares account analyses.
- Preparing deposits and completing a deposit spreadsheet, on a daily basis.
- Reconciling the statements of account and seeing to any necessary collection.
- Documenting sales operations in the accounting records.
- Reconciling the records of the administration department with those of the sales department.
- Authorizing the payment of commissions, based on the final documentation.
- Supporting Reception as needed.
Education And Experience And Technical Skill
- Administrative experience required.
- Dealership experience considered an asset.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and courteous telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising on quality.
- Extremely dependable and punctual.
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with both co-workers and our guests.
- Data entry skills.