Located 6858 Veyaness Road, Saanichton BC
Who We Are:
We believe people should never settle for boring baked goods, ever.
We are Portofino Bakery, one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing network of local grocery and foodservice customers across Western Canada.
Portofino Bakery was founded over 15 years ago in Victoria, BC with the mission to provide better artisan bread to the local community in Victoria. Today, we have over 175 team members, 3 facilities and are continuing our mission to enrich the lives of our customers with better, everyday baked goods.
Portofino Bakery is part of Bond Bakery Brands, a stakeholder-focused investment platform started by three friends, and includes Pace Processing & Product Development, Holy Napoli and Coco Bakery. Together, we are building better bakeries.
The Bread and Butter of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accountant will be primarily responsible for the Accounts Receivable function; but will quickly expand their scope to cover more functional areas of analysis such Capital Assets, Prepaids, Sales Reports and Analysis, Journal Entries and assisting the Director of Finance with a variety of other accounting related tasks including the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package.
Shifts and availability:
- 8-hour shifts
- This position operates Monday - Friday
- This is a full-time permanent salaried position
The Ingredients You Bring to the Table:
- Proven accounting experience, preferably with a focus in Accounts Receivable
- Competency in MS Office (excel and word) - Sage 50 experience is a nice to have
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solver with a strong focus on detail/accuracy and able to multi-task.
- High degree of respect for confidentiality of sensitive information.
The Details You’ll Loave:
- Starting annual salary of $60,000 to $75,000, dependent on experience and qualifications
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 3 months, if you work at least 30 hours per week
- Opportunity for advancement!
Our Values and What We Expect From Our Breadhead Team Members:
- We are committed to operating in a safety-first environment.
- We are committed to providing a positive work environment.
- We are committed to being a part of Portofino’s future growth and company goals.
- We are committed every day to making and delivering products we can be proud of.
- We listen and value input from everybody– we have open doors at Portofino Bakery.
- We use the golden rule and treat each other with respect, even when our opinions differ.
- We overcome challenges together as a team, we are stronger together.
- We do not take shortcuts; we do things right.
- We believe making the best products with better ingredients matters a lot.
- We believe in continuous product innovation and getting people excited about baked goods.
At Portofino Bakery, we believe that diversity of experience, opinion and background is fundamental to our future growth. We believe success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment where people from various backgrounds can work productively together. Portofino Bakery is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.