Organizational Unit: University of Victoria -> Faculty of Human & Social Dev -> Child & Youth Care
Posting Close Date: 6 June 2022
Please note that positions will close at 4 p.m. on the closing date.
Salary Grade: $64,970.00 - $85,269.00
Additional Posting Information: N/A Salary posted reflects full FTE (will be prorated for part time)
Classification: SG 11
Employee Group: PEA - Term
# of Hires Needed: 1
Category: General Management
About this Opportunity
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
As the Acting Academic Administrative Officer at the School of Child and Youth Care, you will have the opportunity to build on your existing experience and education.
The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $64,970 - $73,124 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Performance range: starting salary to max of $85,269 is available through annual performance increases
The position of Academic Administrative Officer (AAO) in any of the six Schools in the Faculty of Human and Social Development (Social Work, Nursing, Public Administration, Health Information Science, Child & Youth Care and Public Health and Social Policy, and the graduate program in Indigenous Governance ) is responsible for coordinating and implementing a wide variety of academic program and administrative duties within their School.. A variety of other duties in the AAO role will be specific to their particular School and its programs and as assigned by the Director.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- working closely with the Director and other Faculty administrative leads within the School to oversee the immediate and everyday demands of that administrative office, and work towards the the long-term direction and goals of the School in conjunction with both the University's Strategic Plan and relevant external professional standards
- assisting with the development and implementation of sound administrative policies and processes that support the educational and scholarly endeavours of the School
- working with the Director, faculty, and other School colleagues on academic degree program planning, delivery, and management at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- assembling program information and data and producing written materials on behalf of the Director
- coordination and management of the financial functions of the School, including budget analysis, preparation and recommendations to the Director on School operational budgets
- a wide range of duties in the leadership and management of human resources within the School.
The successful candidate for this position will have an undergraduate degree and three years of experience working in a complex administrative organization, preferably in a post-secondary or professional school, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
In addition, this position requires:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices and administrative systems of the University
- Familiarity with program development, implementation and course development and delivery modes
- Skilled in organizing administrative and planning systems; drafting policy and procedures and generating reports from relevant data
- Experience with budget development and financial management
- Ability to work effectively with standard office equipment and software
- Excellent team management and leadership skills
- Familiarity with FAST, Banner or other student record management systems
- Excellent facilitation and conflict-resolution, interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentation) skills
- Sensitivity to diversity
Equity and Diversity Statement
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
If you anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
COVID 19 On-Campus Requirements
Apply to this Job