1st Cook / Chef de Partie
6-Mile Pub & Eatery494 Island Hwy.a month ago
The busy and well established 6-Mile Pub & Eatery is looking for a professional and Skilled Cook to join our culinary team. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, high volume environment in a scratch kitchen using local ingredients.
The 6-Mile has high standards for its food using a multitude of different culinary techniques including fermentations, cures and sous vide methods for preparation among others. The kitchen has a full from-scratch bakery as well as extensive gluten free and keto diet programs.
This position is for an enthusiastic individual interested in real food who wants to work with new techniques and preparations in order to offer our guests food that is well beyond their expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Hands-on mentality with execution of line service
· Demonstrate full understanding of all menus and recipes
· Contribute to the development of cooking procedures and staff training in order to maintain food timing standards and consistency
· Maintain a high level of cleanliness with HACCP and COVID-19 procedures
· 5 years experience as a culinary leader in a professional environment
· Red seal certification an asset
· Banquet and corporate kitchen experience an asset
· Passion for the culinary arts and dedicated to local ingredients
· Effective communication skills with management and staff
· Ability to supervise, train and motivate staff
· Valid Food safe certificate